AS I SEE IT

AS I SEE IT

Monday, February 23, 2009

Outside The Box

I must admit I have a tendency to be a purist when it comes to photography. I have a hard time liking HDR and other post processing. It is a stretch for me to even do a simple conversions to black and white.
So lately I've decided to adventure outside my comfort zone. I have to admit I do like using light as a post process more than I do adding things or altering the photo to make it totally different than what the photo started out as.
Photography is much like life; you may not like to try different things but when you do you usually surprise yourself at how well you do. Challenging yourself can be difficult but when you start small the challenge seems small.
I have been very surprised at the positive comments I have received with just the smallest changes I've made to some of my photos.
Try something different in your life and start out with the very smallest of changes. Watch and listen for the reactions from others. These reactions will let you know if you are heading in the right direction.
AS I SEE IT

2 comments:

  1. Its always good to stretch yourself creatively, Yet its something I have to push myself to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely written.... very interesting...

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind when commenting.

About Me

My photo
Southern Ontario, Canada
Developmental Service Worker. Currently a Detention Supervisor