AS I SEE IT

AS I SEE IT

Friday, October 31, 2008

Noise is Okay


High ISO...you know you're in trouble...or are you?
Sometimes you just need to take the chance of shooting in low light with a high ISO. The new P&S are not all that great when it comes to shooting with a higher ISO but that shouldn't stop you. There are times when a little noise isn't too loud in a photo. For example the shot of the lamp post was taken at the beginning of sun set. Sure it has noise but in this case as in many it does add a different feel, and it feels okay here. In this particular case it is more of a result from compression than noise but to most of us amateurs it looks the same. Should you choose to shoot with a lower ISO in low light you'll get a blurry shot and in most cases I'll take the noise over the blur.
AS I SEE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when commenting.

About Me

My photo
Southern Ontario, Canada
Developmental Service Worker. Currently a Detention Supervisor